Immensia is a place that welcomes virtual models of works of art, museums, and archaeological areas, to offer solutions based on virtual reality technologies; these solutions are innovative in terms of methods, interaction criteria, and visitor experience of use.
Immensia: a virtual universe
The Immensia model allows you to navigate as if you were aboard a spaceship. In the Immensia universe, several satellites and asteroids with perfect geometric shapes meet. These in Immensia are three-dimensional geometric symbols, capable of representing virtual models of work, a museum, an archaeological area. They identify:
- the content of an artwork, a museum, an archaeological site;
- the specific technologies adopted for the virtual reproduction of the original;
- the innovative presentation methods;
- the experience of use proposed for the use of the work.
Immensia three-dimensional geometric symbols
In the Immensia universe, there are 4 different three-dimensional geometric symbols:
- Tri-pyramidal structure represents solutions based on traditional video shooting, image processing, and sound systems.
The uniqueness of the representation model of the work or museum is determined by the artist’s creativity, who produces an original composition of images of the work, audio commentary, and soundtrack. The three pyramidal points represent images, commentary audio, and soundtrack.
- Structure with two parallelepipeds side by side, symbolizing a progressive virtual reality navigation proposal for the museum.
The story of a virtual guide accompanies the visitor by describing the individual works on display and with suggestions. The aim is to generate an interaction that enriches with new visual content missing in the actual exhibition.
- Spherical structure, which proposes a new way of experiencing the works thanks to an arrangement on different parallels. This subdivision suggests for each parallel the belonging of the artworks to a specific category of human emotions. It is a new proposal for the association of works, which comes out of the standard cataloging by artistic period to which they belong.
- Multifaceted structure, it has multiple faces that symbolize new ways of accessing a single pictorial or sculptural work or an archaeological report. The polyhedron’s different faces represent the many different technological and / or process and holistic approaches for the knowledge and understanding of the work.
The three-dimensional geometric symbolspresent in the Immensia universe will increase thanks to the artists’ creativity who exhibit their works and are called upon to use increasingly high-performance technologies.
Immensia will be modeled over time by organizing the arrangement of symbols (they are museums and works) in the virtual universe according to the standard cataloging:
- belonging to the period and sub-period of pictorial and sculptural art, archaeological areas and finds;
- belonging to historical periods and sub-periods, with relative geographical subdivisions.
In this way, Immensia will become a virtual meeting place with cultural heritage. It will be a space to try new experiences and emotions; it will be a space to navigate to learn more and more through different experiential modalities.
This place can also offer itself an educational solutionto introduce young people to the world of art and culture, to make them known and appreciated.